Saturday 23 July 2011

Mandy Moore’s Favorite Songs: Celebrity Playlist



Mandy Moore may have launched her career as another manufactured pop outfit from Florida but she’s serious about her music.
The multi-talented singer-songwriter and actress has a great number of influences ranging across several genres. Moore has demonstrated a fierce love of modern classics, often citing Joni Mitchell as her favorite singer, the namesake for her dog and her go-to source for audition songs. She’s also said she couldn’t live without Paul McCartney and The Beach Boys.








But Mandy’s also into today’s chart-toppers, too:She told that  Entertainment Weekly that she was so obsessed with Fleet Foxes, she decided to email the band’s frontman Robin Pecknold about a future collaboration: "“He was so nice  such a deep, intense music guy. He was really inquisitive about, ‘What kind of record is this?? What do you want to write about??’ Obviously he wouldn’t have been listening to my music. I just thought it was so cool of him. He said, ‘I’d love to, but we’re busy.’ I was such a nerdy fan, like, ‘Oh my god, I can’t believe he wrote me!’”"
Of course Moore is a fan of her husband Ryan Adams as well. She often tweets her gratefulness and jealousy over his songwriting skills, once writing, “been listening to my hubby write insanely beautiful music over the past few weeks. blows my mind at how easy he makes it look. the nerve!”
Want to hear what Mandy Moore hears? Check these songs out.
 




2. Lori McKenna’s “Lorraine”





3. Ryan Adams’ “Carolina Rain”

No comments:

Post a Comment