Saturday 23 July 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)-Review


Captain America: The First Avenger Movie is one of the nicest movies i want to seen . says the other of this blog.Captain America is a movie of much debate and for a while has had mixed reviews. And in my opinion it’s all about taste when it comes to most of the. Having just finished watching the film (in 2D) I was glad to see that they did destroy one of my favorite characters of all time.
What really drew me into the story is the fact that it actually has The Cap frozen in ice method rather than something considered “More realistic.” But I’m rambling.






The movie was a well written film with a well good message. Steve Rogers is a good man, and that is why he gets to be this hero. And he retains these values without coming off as preachy. Which is hard to do in a Pro War movie. He does not want to kill, but if it is the only way to protect his country he will. The dialogue felt like it belonged in the 1940’s, it is not jokey to the point of ridiculousness *cough cough Transformers Movies Cough cough Green Lantern* The Humor felt like it was natural and flowed well. They never sacrificed character for a joke.
The casting in this film was very well done!
Chris Evans: When I first heard about the casting for Captain America rumor was that it was going to be the Chris Pine who played Steve, and I thought that was brilliant, then I heard it was Chris Evans, The Human Torch. I was disappointed, but I must  say he disappeared into this role, I forgot he was ever the human torch and saw Cap! His facial expressions his actions everything.
Hugo Weaving: This man was the perfect guy for the job He pulled off menacing, both with and without his red skull. I loved it. I wish there had been more of him but it was stiff fun to see a good version of the red skull out there. His accent left much more to be desired but at least it wasn’t a cartoony and obviously fake one. I just wanted to see more.
All the other main leads were good, even Bucky, I wanted to see more of him and have his character fleshed out more.
My main problems with this film is its pacing. It feels really slow at times when it doesn’t need to be. Some shots were to long while others to short and it may just be an editing problem, but that irked me a bit.
I felt like a bit too much was focused on pre Cap than post Cap. He doesn’t really dawn the real costume until about over an hour into the film. I love the USO show thing, but I wish we saw more of him kicking ass after becoming a true soldier.
Unlike Green Lantern this movie did not feel like formulaic superhero movie. Which is good. It is really nothing new, but it isn’t tired and over used either.
Many People have been complaining that it was a cop out using laser weapons instead of real guns. However, there were plenty of guns used in this movie. Also the Tesseract, or the cosmic cube was used to power these all powerful weapons which may seem like just a flashy light show, but is really terrifying. How so you ask? Nothing could be scarier than getting shot you say. In this film it is terrifying what that laser does. It destroys you there is nothing left. At least with getting shot somewhere you have the chance of recovering. But one hit by this laser and you are dead, gone, nothing. Not even a dog tag for crying out loud. No one would really know you were gone, you would be presumed dead. Nothing for your loved ones to mourn over. A truly scary weapon, while not bloody is very terrifying.



No comments:

Post a Comment